Golf Fitness/Personal Training Career
How To Apply: Apply by sending your resume to email@example.com along with a brief description of why you think you'd be a good fit for Method Athlete.
Dear Prospective Fitness Trainer,
First of all, thank you for taking the time to visit this site. It's my hope you have precisely what I need in a Fitness/Personal Trainer so I can put you to work in the fun and rewarding coaching position I have available.
So let me briefly tell you about the coaching position, my company, and myself.
My name is Damon Shelton and I run a Golf Fitness/Sports Performance/Personal Training and nutrition coaching company called Method Athlete in Scottsdale, AZ.
My business is dedicated to helping Golfers, athletes, women, and men achieve their health and fitness goals through customized nutrition, fitness, and performance programs.
I'm looking for an enthusiastic, motivated, and energetic person to start training some of our current clients.
I currently offer one-on- one customized nutrition and fitness programs, group coaching classes, and nutrition counseling, which educate, motivate, and support men, women, and teens to improve their health, fitness and sports performance.
All clients who start with our program get nutrition counseling, exercise program design, nutritional supplements, monthly fitness assessments, and weekly training sessions here at Method Athlete.
If you are hired for this coaching position, you'll begin coaching clients in the studio Monday-Friday between 5-11AM, 8-10AM Saturday, and 4-6PM on Tuesday & Thursday, if needed.
Bottom line: you'll get at least 15 hours of training clients per week at $20 per hour. My gym offers a casual, fun environment, nice training equipment, and the opportunity to learn the inner-workings of a successful personal training studio.
Oh yeah, I'm also very fair, respectful, and appreciative. I like having fun and making money providing highly valuable fitness services and products. You will be compensated fairly, treated fairly, and I will certainly look for ways to pay you more for your efforts if they warrant it. I want someone who enjoys working with people and making a difference in the lives of others...because that's what we do in my gym.
Tasks You'll Be Expected To Perform
- Tracking client progress. To ensure a client's success in our programs, you'll need to track weekly progress, current successes and challenges, review client nutrition and exercise log worksheets, and more on a weekly basis. It will be your job to hold a client accountable to his/her health, fitness, and performance program to ensure the best results possible.
- Perform fitness evaluations. Ideally, you'll have some fitness assessment skills and can test for: body composition, body weight, girth measurements, blood pressure, heart rate, and various strength and flexibility tests.
- Coach clients through a Golf Fitness/Personal/Semi-private program. You'll be responsible for weekly exercise sessions and keeping detailed weekly progress reports on the clients you're working with. If a client is having challenges throughout his/her program, you'll coach and motivate them, and make appropriate changes to ensure consistent progress.
- Demonstrate proper exercise instruction. I need you to be able to provide proper coaching, instruction, and motivation during a client training session. You should have a working knowledge of the human body (i.e. muscles, movements, functions, etc.), and be able to provide appropriate exercises for client's goals.
- Provide ongoing health and fitness education. Our clients rely on us to service all of their health and fitness needs. It is your job as a fitness coach to provide your clients with health and fitness education on various topics that empower them to lead healthy lives forever. You'll be provided with educational tools and resources, be expected to study them, and speak about them with your clients. We also spend time covering this in our weekly staff meetings.
- Ensure that cleanliness and equipment is maintained.
- Develop comprehensive health and fitness programs for clients.
These are the skills you must already have in order to qualify for this position:
- Nationally certified personal trainer
- Previous training experience is REQUIRED
- Good communication skills. You will be talking with my clients, who are VERY important to me. You must be comfortable conversing in-person and on the phone, and know how to conduct yourself professionally and deliver clear instructions to the clients.
- I'll teach you everything you need to do during a training session, but I can't teach you manners and professionalism.
- Ability to bring energy to the classes, even at 5:30AM.
- People skills and personality. You must LOVE working with people! As mentioned above you must be very comfortable working with people. This is an exciting studio.
- CPR certified
- Develop personalized exercise programs that meet the client's changing needs and goals.
- Golf Fitness experience
- Kinesiology degree
Again, thanks very much for your interest,
Owner of Method Athlete